Wednesday, November 12, 2008
first off let me start by saying i am a veteran with three deployment overseas with the U.S. Navy. I was also born and raised in the military so by no means am i a anarchist. however i do question the sudden creation of this force living down the street from me. i know there are many good arguments for a QRF (Quick Reaction Force) stationed inside the U.S. well maybe if a large enemy force was invading our shores. anyway i guess for those conspiracy theorists, there is an active duty brigade now waiting orders from any president to deploy inside the U.S. these soldiers go to work every day and practice those combat skills necessary for their mission. i guess i would have to say dont be someone who meets the definitions for their deployment.
Posted by johnnyd at 2:49 PM
Monday, November 10, 2008
On September 30, 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill. Section 1076 of the new law changes Sec. 333 of the "Insurrection Act," and widens the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to enforce the laws. Under this act, the President may also deploy troops as a police force during a natural disaster, epidemic, serious public health emergency, terrorist attack, or other condition, when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order. The bill also modified Sec. 334 of the Insurrection Act, giving the President authority to order the dispersal of either insurgents or "those obstructing the enforcement of the laws." The new law changed the name of the chapter from "Insurrection" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order."
The 2007 Defense Authorization Bill, with over $500 billion allocated to the military, and which also contained the changes to the Insurrection Act of 1807, was passed by a bipartisan majority of both houses of Congress: 398-23 in the House and by unanimous consent in the Senate. In order for military forces to be used under the provisions of the revised Insurrection Act, the following conditions must be met:
- (1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to--
- (A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that--
- (i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and
- (ii) such violence results in a condition described in paragraph (2); or
- (B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition described in paragraph (2).
- (2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition that--
- (A) so hinders the execution of the laws of a State or possession, as applicable, and of the United States within that State or possession, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State or possession are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or
- (B) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.
Posted by johnnyd at 6:12 PM
Friday, November 7, 2008
i have decided today that where i live in this world does not really matter. at least in the west. now that our country is really not going to be any different than any other western country, i might as well move. hhhhmmm. scotland in nice. maybe i will have to take that trip to russia after all. everything that i was a part of in this country and what separated us from other countries has been crushed. oh well it was a good try. maybe.
Posted by johnnyd at 9:16 PM
Friday, October 24, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
i was just thinking about all the political takeovers of different countries in the last hundred years. seems to me that when a country seems to be in some form of trouble, a young enigmatic politician, revolutionist or "i
Posted by johnnyd at 6:07 PM
Sunday, October 19, 2008
i always thought life was kinda like baseball. i think i will try and run with this on my current story. recently i was thrown some dirty curve balls. those are so hard to hit. then the dreaded fastball right in the back. that one wakes you up every time. now comes the decision to rush the mound or just take the base. this is a far more important decision than i think it may be. standing here in pain, do i go on an earthly rampage or be humble and move on. well there is a lot to be said in being humble. being humble is not so easy either. the other day my psych was able to turn off my "go buttons" from the war. i had no idea how much this was a part of my life. i see everything in a different light. now i am replacing that with The Ladder of Divine Accent. this is no light weight book. so i am taking my base for the pain and not even being mad at the guy pitching. maybe he hit me by accident. maybe he didnt. thats up to GOD. he has my back if i let him. my "coach" is also guiding me in this making sure i make the right decisions. he has been at this a lot longer than i have. "for obedience is distrust of oneself in everything, however good it may be, right to the end of ones life." Ladder of Divine Accent. Ch 4-5. hopefully i will make it to the college to take my placement exams and meet with all the councilors. i have received a blessing to return to school from my "coach."
Posted by johnnyd at 8:27 PM
Friday, October 17, 2008
GOD has granted me in his great mercy a chance to change the way i live my life. i will blog on this further but i feel that i would make a huge mistake not to take the time to listen and take advantage of what has become so apparent. i can honestly say i dont know exactly what to expect but i do know what i will not be doing. more to come.
Posted by johnnyd at 11:25 AM