Sunday, October 19, 2008

life is like a box of ..... whatever.

i always thought life was kinda like baseball.  i think i will try and run with this on my current story.  recently i was thrown some dirty curve balls.  those are so hard to hit.  then the dreaded fastball right in the back.  that one wakes you up every time.  now comes the decision to rush the mound or just take the base.  this is a far more important decision than i think it may be.  standing here in pain,  do i go on an earthly rampage or be humble and move on.  well there is a lot to be said in being humble.  being humble is not so easy either.  the other day my psych was able to turn off my "go buttons"  from the war.  i had no idea how much this was a part of my life.  i see everything in a different light.  now i am replacing that with The Ladder of Divine Accent.  this is no light weight book.  so i am taking my base for the pain and not even being mad at the guy pitching.  maybe he hit me by accident.  maybe he didnt.  thats up to GOD.  he has my back if i let him.  my "coach" is also guiding me in this making sure i make the right decisions.  he has been at this a lot longer than i have.  "for obedience is distrust of oneself in everything,  however good it may be,  right to the end of ones life."  Ladder of Divine Accent.  Ch 4-5.  hopefully i will make it to the college to take my placement exams and meet with all the councilors.  i have received a blessing to return to school from my "coach."

3 comments:

Brigitte said...

good luck with school! we're wishing the very best for you :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for educationI (I think.) I am praying for you that all goes well. By the way, thank you for this:

"for obedience is distrust of oneself in everything, however good it may be, right to the end of ones life."

My new favorite quote. It's gonna fly around my head for days while my brain tries ot wrestle with it, and lose. LOL!

h west said...

I am just realizing that you need to change your profile. We need to know all the whole parts of you and not the pseudo-destructo parts. Like here's a sample profile for you: 'Johnny D. I have a lot of cool pictures of airplanes and I wear cool hats.' or 'Johnny D. I have a wicked french fry cutter and my bike has a garage door opener on it.' Work with me here, J.