Friday, October 10, 2008

offensive?

what offends people?  good question.  one can never know.   i can tell you though that i hear many complaints about wishing merry christmas to someone during the christmas season.   i wonder how many people complain about halloween.  i walked into a store yesterday with my five year old daughter only to be confronted by a headless body.  i think the zombie next to it must have it.  oh there is the missing head,  in the bodies hand.  GREAT.  blood everywhere along with ghosts and whatever else could scare the SH_T out of my daughter.  sorry for my language but can i be offended?  honey dont worry,  the headless person is not real.  no i dont know what is wrong with the green guy with his eyes popping out of his head. ate some bad food.  yes i know there is a lot of blood.  maybe a car or two came crashing through the building.  almost reminds me of Iraq.  oops probably shouldnt say that,  i might offend someone.  

1 comment:

h west said...

Funny you mention that. Typically, I can sort of ignore most of the Halloween junk, just as I ignore most of the Christmas junk. I don't mind my kids seeing silly pumpkin faces or cartoon looking pictures of funny monsters or bats. HOWEVER, I was totally mortified by something I saw at Albertson's the other day. It was a HUGE sillouette (no idea how to spell that) of a man with a knife held up like he was stabbing someone with blood painted all over. That just isn't even funny. It's not even scary. It is, simply, grotesque. Halloween is a funny 'holiday'. It's roots are long forgotten, whether you think they are good or bad. It has turned into something that gives people an excuse to be grotesque. A lot of people skip the fear part and go straight for the DISGUSTING, which is neither funny nor entertaining. I'm offended.

And, by the way, sorry I never called you back that one time. Iona and Rowyn are actually the ones who called because they wanted to talk to Katherine. Apparently, she was unavailable. Talk soon.