Monday, June 30, 2008

funny thing when you are sick.  lots of things dont matter so much.  time goes a little differently.  my brain is not working so well on some days.  weird how that works.  i sometimes think that i would be a better christian if i was burdened with some illness that makes me rethink the way i live my life.  by no means do i have some deadly illness but what a foolish idea.  certainly illness changes everything.  to be a good christian when healthy is difficult.  but you have full strength to combat the enemy.  you also have the full capacity to sin.  catch 22.  now i am sick.  i never know how i am going to feel day to day.  my capacity to sin is diminished but so is my ability to fight back.  but GOD sends these things to us for a reason.  i suppose that i will be far more humble to my life and worship toward GOD.  what i have learned in this short time is my fasting will be more complete.  those things i enjoyed eating while i fasted are now poison.  figure that.  beer,  well thats off the list,  subject to grievous torture.  go ahead,  have that treat at work,  not supposed to be impolite.  keep that crap away from me.  so much for impolite. ha!  now i am forced to be fasting.  mmmmm  vodka,  better be potato.  not likely but available.  what a break.  calgon take me away.  what is that stuff made of anyway.  bible take me away.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Hope you had a great FOURTH!

Demara said...

hmmm..interesting. (I was in the Facebook Blog Network community and thought I'd stop by to say "hi") It is most difficult to "hear" God in a sense when a person is healthy (or are they? are they healthy? is a person "healthy" if they are not physically sick?) because they can keep busy doing anything and everything else, I think.