Sunday, July 13, 2008

matthew 10

a few weeks ago i was in church and our deacon was reading from the bible.  to read this section of the bible is to understand  converting to the orthodox faith.  when i converted and was baptized,  my church father said,  "welcome to the struggle."  i kinda took those words with a grain of salt but this passage is from the bible for all of us who have those tough decisions to make in life.

matt 10:32-39


32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also
 before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my
 Father which is in heaven. 2 Tim. 2.12 
34 ¶ Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace,
 but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter
against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. Mic. 7.6 
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he
that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
 Mt. 16.24 · Mk. 8.34 · Lk. 9.23 
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake
shall find it. Mt. 16.25 · Mk. 8.35 · Lk. 9.24 ; 17.33 · Joh. 12.25 


read the whole chapter to get everything but this section really drives the point home.

No comments: